Number 1 Chest Program for Advanced Training
- Dumbbell Bench Press, the old favorite of many in judging of one’s strength! Anyway, start in the upper extended position arms are slightly bent so not locked out! Now slowly lower the dumbbell to the chest area as shown for a count of 4 sec and then somewhat faster but under control to extended start position for a count of 3 secs.
- One warm up lighter set that you can do about 12 to 15 reps and then 4 working sets, attempting to increase the weight after each set, so on the final 4th set you can do no more than 6 good reps. Make sure you blow out as you push the weight up and breath in as you lower the weight, (out on exertion).
- The rest of the exercises follow same principle as above for set, reps and so on.
- Have a good look at the animations and follow accordingly.
- Tips:- Doing fly’s always keep elbow ‘soft’ a bit bent but locked and do not over extend in the lowering / lower positions. Keep hydrated and never hold your breath.
- Tip for pullover, extend to only a comfortable position for you as you become more flexible and accustomed to the exercise you can extend further, use only weights you can handle and do all exercise in strict form and control.